Thursday, May 8, 2008

Minerals - Version 1.0

Minerals - Version 1.0
Minerals are the inorganic substance that occurs naturally in rocks and in the ground and has its own characteristic appearance and chemical composition. The three main functions of minerals are as constituents of the skeleton, ...

Minerals and Gems and Shopping, Oh My!
Sunday afternoon I’m going to my first ever mineral and gem show and I can’t wait. I’ve always been interested in rocks and stones. In the last couple of months this has really intensified for me. I keep several crystals on my desk. ...

DAY TRIPPING: The Magical Blue-Green Waters of Havasu Canyon
And not just once, as the mineral-rich water and occasional floods are constantly changing the appearance of the waterfalls, just as the changing seasons add new character to this majestic canyon. There is an overwhelming sense of ...

Egyptian Monuments: Their Fossils and Controversies Revisited
Reference to minerals and rocks used for different purposes in Egypt has been made [24] that provides useful geological data about their quarries and mention representative artifacts or their use in masonry. ...